Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Present Belongs To Us

"But I can't escape the decisions and actions of my past. The present is not a blank slate, and I'm fully developed. I have my likes and dislikes, my personal preferences. I don't need a blank slate. I don't want one, and no matter what you say about it, I don't have a blank slate to work on. I have a bunch of ongoing sagas, and it takes all my time and energy just to keep my whole life from careening off a cliffside. I dont have time for daydreaming."


"What if I told you you could write a new future for yourself on a tiny little sliver of that slate? Just look away from all the ongoing sagas of your life for a few minutes, and have a conversation with me about the future."


"A tiny little new future on a tiny little sliver of the slate? You're being kind of ridiculous, you know."


"Well let's try it, okay? We'll see if it's ridiculous or brilliant. And I promise it won't take you away from the ongoing sagas of your life for too long."


"Do I have a choice?"


"Always." 


Stay tuned for more of the ongoing conversation "The Present Belongs To Us."



No comments:

Post a Comment