Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nuts and Bolts Reiki

I was reading a discussion today about protecting oneself while doing Reiki. There were lots of suggestions for how to prevent the other person's disrupted/negative energy from affecting you in a negative way.

When I am doing Reiki, I am being a clear channel and moving energy through me. I bring it through my crown or third eye and channel it through my body and out through my hands. That is what I was trained to do. When I do that, I usually don't get negative energy.

But if I do CHOOSE to absorb some negative energy in my determination to relieve someone of some pain, then I channel it out into a tree, a rock, the earth in some way, depending on the situation. I have absorbed a good deal of pain at times, but it was my choice in every case except once.

That one time, it was before I was trained, and I reached my hand to shake hands with someone and their contact sent sharp pain up to my elbow. The pain was there for hours. It was a long time before I was willing to touch anyone at work again. Other than that one time, I have never had that happen again.

In rare cases, someone's energy is so disrupted that it is painful for me to be in contact with it. I simply do not continue if I encounter someone who is that negative. If I can't take care of myself, it is foolish indeed to attempt to continue the healing. Some people are simply not receptive, or they are so negative that you will only get hurt.

As a general rule, I like to visualize myself surrounded by white light. I like to wear an amethyst or a clear quartz crystal. I find they are very protective.

If you are a Reiki practitioner, do what works for YOU.

I have a friend who uses crystals to do energy work. He finds that he cannot have physical contact without absorbing some negative energy.

We do not do Reiki to get hurt. That is NOT the purpose of it. Reiki is a blessing. When I do Reiki, I am blessed as well as the person I am helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment