Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Goodbye Dreams

I had another one of those goodbye dreams. All through my life, I've connected with people who were dying in my dreams. Usually, the dream comes right at the moment that they pass. This time, the dream came a couple of days before he passed.

I'm not ready to discuss much about the dream, except the distinct memory of touching his face and comforting him, and letting him know how much he is loved.

But I wasn't much of a friend. The last time I saw him was at a funeral for somebody else. We'd drifted apart.

But I remember when we were pretty good friends.

It's a funny thing when you have an authentic connection with someone, the passage of time doesn't change anything. The connection remains as poignant as ever.

Thank you for saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment