Saturday, April 18, 2009

Being Out In The World

Although I didn't go so far as to pass out my business cards at the reunion today, I also did not hide. Richard's family is a Baptist enclave all unto itself. There are so many preachers, he said, that he has hardly ever gotten to say the blessing before the meal. So he was truly honored to have that privilege today. An odd setting for a fallen-away Catholic who does Tarot Readings and Energy Healing. Not exactly a tailored audience. I thought if this group was aware of my spiritual orientation and activities, they would probably have done with me forthwith.

But still I didn't hide. I established internet connections with two of the women, who will of course be exposed to my spiritual orientation shortly. It will be interesting to see if they are responsive in a positive way, in spite of the family template.

I have no desire to shock or offend.

No comments:

Post a Comment