Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Eternity Club

I was at a funeral yesterday, and the minister presiding over the service actually came out and said that if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you will not have eternal life. So what was he saying? That only some souls will continue to live after the body they are currently associated with has died? I was completely astonished that someone could say something so silly in public and yet there was no outcry. Everyone there listened attentively, as if what he was saying made sense. I almost laughed out loud. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. As if eternity is a club and membership is limited to Christians. That's mainstream religion for you: layers and layers of bullshit.

So what's the truth then? The simple truth is that the soul is eternal. Period. All souls, everywhere. There are no requirements for eternal life. You came in with an eternal soul and you will leave with an eternal soul. And you will know it when you get there.

As I sat there in the memorial chapel listening to that nonsense, I thought how ironic it is that Jack, who the minister claimed specifically asked him to deliver this specific message to us, yes Jack, who had died, knew better than anyone, right at that moment, that the minister's message wasn't the truth at all. By virtue of having died, Jack now knows the truth.

So how is it that I know? Well, to start with a psychic told me that there was a little girl five years old, and an old woman with me. Spirits. Just with me. At the time, I was 28 years old. I'd had an abortion five years before. The psychic said the little girl wanted me to know she forgives me. My grand mother had died a few years before. She also said I would be married within the year, for which there was no evidence in my life at that time. But I was married within the year. This all occurred in a crowded room in a little cinder block building in South LA. It was as crowded as the subway at rush hour. Some people had asked for and paid for a reading. I had not. I was just there with my mother. The psychic just looked at me and said what she said, and then she moved on to the next person.

Then my grandfather came to me in a dream. He was in a burning building. I tried to get him to come out, but he said he wanted to stay. He wanted to be with Mama (my grandmother). I told him to please come out, because he hadn't yet met my little daughter, his great grand daughter. He walked out with me holding my hand. When I woke up, my father called and said that my grandfather had died on the table the night before during emergency surgery, but that after the doctors had already given up, he had come back.

Then my cat died. I was sitting at my mother's house in LA, talking to her and my brother when all at once I felt him saying goodbye. I was overcome with grief. I loved the cat. I went back to my own apartment and dug through my things until I found a picture of him, and I taped it up on the wall over my bed. I sat down and cried. A few hours later, my girlfriend called from New York to say that my cat had died.

Not so very long ago, my deceased first husband came to me and told me he is looking over my grandson, his grandson. Then Carl came to me and asked me to assure Donna that he will be waiting for her when she dies. He even showed me the place where they wait. It is called "the curb." There are all these people there, spirits, waiting patiently for their loved ones to come. Carl was driving a car. He wanted Donna to know that he will "pick her up at the curb" when she comes over.

And the others. I've written about them in this blog. But more than all of that, is the direct experience of my own soul's being.

I believe this direct experience of the soul is available to everyone.

So when this minister stands there and tells us all that our only access to eternity is by being a Christian. Whew. I gotta tell you, that is just surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment