Friday, April 10, 2009

The Voices

When I do a Reiki/energy healing, my guides show up in the form of messages I get and questions that pop into my head as I am working. The same thing happens during a Tarot reading, when I interpret the cards in a unique way for that particular reading.

I've heard this type of thing referred to as "intuitive" work. And I think there is an intuitive component in it. But beyond that, I hear the voices. I feel sure these are the voices of my spirit guides.

The first contact I had with spirit guides, that I was aware of, was back when my now 27 year old daughter was a baby. I was driving along the country road to my house, and I was wondering if there was any such thing as a spirit guide. So I asked a question. The question was, "Should I write?" The answer was a resounding "Yes!" But what was astonishing about it, was that it wasn't one voice, but rather a multitude of voices, all answering in loud, emphatic tones. I was startled. I had expected at best a whisper. Mostly, I expected nothing at all. It was a turning point. I decided that my days as a Bookkeeper were over, and started writing for the local newspaper soon after. I worked as a journalist and freelance writer for several years after that, until the local Judge offered me a job with the local corrections department. Often I have thought that taking that job was a big mistake. Had I not taken it, I would have continued to write.

As it is, having a career in corrections probably gave me as much as it took away. That is just the way things work. Now that I'm not working in corrections, or anything else for that matter, I am free to write again. And what better to write about than my lifelong spiritual quest?

For me, this started in a high school Mythology class. I remained so fascinated with mythology, that I ended up in the Classics department in college, right up until the interdisciplinary Religion department was initiated. I was the first person to major in Religion at my school. None of which changed the fact that I didn't "fit" in any of the religions I was studying. I remained an outsider from orthodoxy.

And so the journey continues. The belief system I find most sensible is Hermeticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment